Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions
Who we are
Using LCS website
You agree to use LCS website only for lawful purposes. You must also use it in a way that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of, this site by anyone else.
We update our website all the time. We can change or remove content at any time without notice.
Services and transactions
Member authorities can use our website to access information on LCS approved providers of residential and fostering services. Approved providers can use our website to share information about their organisation and services/s with member authorities. Individuals can use our website to access information about London Care Services.
Linking to LCS Website
We welcome and encourage other websites to link to https://www.londoncareplacements.gov.uk.
You must contact us for permission if you want to either:
- charge your website's users to click on a link to any page on LCS website
- say your website is associated with or endorsed by LCS
Linking from LCS website
LCS website links to websites that are managed by other government departments and agencies, service providers or other organisations. We do not have any control over the content on these websites.
We're not responsible for:
- the protection of any information you give to these websites
- any loss or damage that may come from your use of these websites, or any other websites they link to
You agree to release us from any claims or disputes that may come from using these websites.
You should read all terms and conditions, privacy policies and end user licenses that relate to these websites before you use them.
Using LCS website content
All content on this website is the copyright of London Councils.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part, or all the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
While we make every effort to keep LCS website up to date, we do not provide any guarantees, conditions or warranties that the information will be:
- free from bugs or viruses
We are not liable for any loss or damage that may come from using LCS website. This includes:
- any direct, indirect or consequential losses
- any loss or damage caused by civil wrongs ('tort', including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise
- the use of LCS website and any websites that are linked to or from it
- the inability to use LCS website and any websites that are linked to or from it
This applies if the loss or damage was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you advised us that it might happen.
This includes (but is not limited to) the loss of your:
- income or revenue
- salary, benefits or other payments
- profits or contracts
- anticipated savings
- goodwill or reputation
- tangible property
- intangible property, including loss, corruption or damage to data or any computer system
- wasted management or office time
Requests to remove content
You can ask for content to be removed from LCS website. We'll remove content:
- in order to comply with data protection legislation covering the rights and freedoms of individuals
- if it breaches copyright laws, contains sensitive personal data or material that may be considered obscene or defamatory
Requests for information will be considered under the Freedom of Information Act and relevant Data Protection Legislation. You can make a request for information by visiting London Councils website.
Information about you and your visits to LCS website
We make every effort to check and test LCS website for viruses. You must make sure that the way you use LCS website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which can damage your computer system.
We're not responsible for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that might happen when you use LCS website.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
When using LCS website, you must not introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other material that's malicious or technologically harmful.
You must not try to gain unauthorised access to LCS website, the server on which it's stored, or any server, computer or database connected to it.
You must not attack LCS website in any way. This includes denial-of-service attacks.
We'll report any attacks or attempts to gain unauthorised access to the relevant law enforcement authorities and share information about you with them.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Any dispute you have which relates to these terms and conditions, or your use of https://www.londoncareplacements.gov.uk (whether it be contractual or non-contractual), will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Changes to these terms and conditions
Please check these terms and conditions regularly. We can update them at any time without notice.
You'll agree to any changes if you continue to use LCS website after the terms and conditions have been updated.
Last updated 23 October 2019